ukgopedforum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race Event at SouthWest Karting (Cheddar)

+9
Jonno
TOBY
piedog
nizz
sxpmike
phil.s
weblefeck
shawzy89
hicksi
13 posters

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Race Event at SouthWest Karting (Cheddar) - Page 5 Empty Re: Race Event at SouthWest Karting (Cheddar)

Post  hicksi Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:25 pm

Also,

Made my first video with iMovie, so go easy Razz

Track time @ SouthWest Karting

hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Race Event at SouthWest Karting (Cheddar) - Page 5 Empty Re: Race Event at SouthWest Karting (Cheddar)

Post  nizz Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:17 am

Class love it , see something fell off halfway through the film?
nizz
nizz

Back to top Go down

Post  SW Karting Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:26 am

hicksi wrote:
Jonno wrote:The peds i'm hoping to bring along.

Man I CANT WAIT to see these 'Peds, they look awesome!

Top work Matt! Mike, matt has a v. impressive array of tools, if you can't get it done it that garage ill eat my hat Very Happy

The only tools in that garage is us two people who work there!
SW Karting
SW Karting

http://www.southwestkarting.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  SW Karting Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:29 am

Awesome video, so easy with iMovie!
SW Karting
SW Karting

Back to top Go down

Race Event at SouthWest Karting (Cheddar) - Page 5 Empty Haha

Post  shawzy89 Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:36 am

Yes I love it. getting excited now lol

I also bought an engine off ebay so all I need is throttle cable spindle and carb?

I also got both pull starts that I needed. Cool

shawzy89

Back to top Go down

Post  sxpmike Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:09 am

That video brings back some good memories of past visits!

Can't wait to see what my kart can do on the track now. Just hoping its going to hold out! Twisted Evil
sxpmike
sxpmike
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:15 am

SW Karting wrote:The only tools in that garage is us two people who work there!

Looool.

This picture:
Race Event at SouthWest Karting (Cheddar) - Page 5 395536_495601203816032_12147290_n
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:17 am

nizz wrote:Class love it , see something fell off halfway through the film?

Ha, good eyes Nizz!

That was the expansion pipe falling off, the exhaust bracket lost the two bolts holding it on.

Me and Simon will be giving all the peds a bloody good once over before the 20th, I think Locktight will be No.1 on our list Very Happy
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:19 am

shawzy89 wrote:Yes I love it. getting excited now lol

I also bought an engine off ebay so all I need is throttle cable spindle and carb?

I also got both pull starts that I needed. Cool

Top man buddy!

Im in all afternoon so I will go a check my parts, I know I have a spindle back there somewhere, not sure about a throttle cable or carb.

Keep you posted mate.
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  sxpmike Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:28 am

Did the guy carry on round the track after? Seems a bit sketchy. If be straight on the brakes and walk back lol
sxpmike
sxpmike
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:37 am

Yeah thats my Buddy Simon, although the video doesn't show it (Merged into the next clip) we stopped out of the way on the next corner.

Not only did I see it fall off (impressive with sparks lol), Simon definitely heard the noise difference lol! and the power dropped off...
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  sxpmike Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:40 am

I've had a similar thing with pipes falling off! Noisy lol.

Anyone offering a rip on their ped so we can get some wheelie footage? Might be struggling to wheelie the kart lol
sxpmike
sxpmike
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  shawzy89 Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:35 am

sxpmike wrote:I've had a similar thing with pipes falling off! Noisy lol.

Anyone offering a rip on their ped so we can get some wheelie footage? Might be struggling to wheelie the kart lol

Well I'm bringing 2 so your more than welcome to have a go on mine Wink)

shawzy89

Back to top Go down

Post  SW Karting Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:11 pm

Cast or eyes on this new video, ok not many peds but a little bit of Tom on his quad!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulMjFMIT2Wg
SW Karting
SW Karting

Back to top Go down

Post  shawzy89 Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:35 pm

SW Karting wrote:Cast or eyes on this new video, ok not many peds but a little bit of Tom on his quad!

Nice vid shame I sold my mini moto ;( shame.

shawzy89

Back to top Go down

Post  SW Karting Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:40 am

shawzy89 wrote:
SW Karting wrote:Cast or eyes on this new video, ok not many peds but a little bit of Tom on his quad!

Get another one?!
SW Karting
SW Karting

Back to top Go down

Post  shawzy89 Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:46 am

SW Karting wrote:
shawzy89 wrote:

Get another one?!

Haha I may have to look into it again lol

shawzy89

Back to top Go down

Post  SW Karting Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:29 am

shawzy89 wrote:
SW Karting wrote:
shawzy89 wrote:

Get another one?!

Haha I may have to look into it again lol

Spot on!
SW Karting
SW Karting

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:23 am

Loooool, Yes Lads!

I had two mini motos when I left uni, picked them up out the local paper, BOTH for 60quid! Sold em for 100 each at a car boot. Boom!

Ill be bringing my biggy, you can try and wheelie that, not sure how you'll get on without a race pole LOL!
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:24 am

Need to get a hold of that footage, and take some more! Very Happy
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  sxpmike Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:32 am

hicksi wrote:Loooool, Yes Lads!

I had two mini motos when I left uni, picked them up out the local paper, BOTH for 60quid! Sold em for 100 each at a car boot. Boom!

Ill be bringing my biggy, you can try and wheelie that, not sure how you'll get on without a race pole LOL!

What has the biggy had done to it?

Same for your peds shawzy
sxpmike
sxpmike
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:40 am

Good news!

Goped Nation finally allowed me to post a new thread.

*SO were live now, hopefully get a bit more interest that way!

The Biggy is running a CY260 with 16mm carb and stalker exhaust with a black magic spindle and ADA lockdown kit...

Also, had a look in the garage, got a spare spindle, it's a Biggy black magic spindle!
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  shawzy89 Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:30 pm

sxpmike wrote:
hicksi wrote:Loooool, Yes Lads!

What has the biggy had done to it?

Same for your peds shawzy

It has an ADA racing gsr sport frame with the red candy paint from the factory. No longer made

Has cy29 engine with Trevor Simpson headkit at 13:1 compression with a 2mm stroker crank

Has TGN v3 chrome Flybars with TGN vbrakes. TBR "dice flame" deck (not sure model name I made that up).

Rattlesnake pipe with custom over sized race manifold. Derek short frame clamp (I used on pipe for looks and to not scratch frame)

4 Hollywood cable clamps. One Mico cable clamp. One "en fuego" cable clamp. Hollywood has cap

Bdl billet front wheel. Upgraded gearing on scooter for more top speed. Has TGN billet air filter with uncommon face design. Has chrome fancover. Pro grips. Ddm tank cover.

Nearly every single part is very rare designed it as a complete unique "look".

shawzy89

Back to top Go down

Post  shawzy89 Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:34 pm

hicksi wrote:Good news!

Goped Nation finally allowed me to post a new thread.

*SO were live now, hopefully get a bit more interest that way!

The Biggy is running a CY260 with 16mm carb and stalker exhaust with a black magic spindle and ADA lockdown kit...

Also, had a look in the garage, got a spare spindle, it's a Biggy black magic spindle!

Spindle would be great help mate

Also I have a big problem I just put new pipe on jetpro pipe
And new ally pullstart fired up but won't run properly
I have toyed and tried to set the high an low fuel but I'm having no luck who can tune this for me
And would changing the pipe mess with the tune it had?

shawzy89

Back to top Go down

Post  sxpmike Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:01 pm

Any modification would mean you need a retune. Look on GPN, they will have a detailed carb tuning guide. I can look over the engine on the night but no guarantees as to finding a solution. Try stripping down basic parts and rebuilding after an inspection of consumables (eg gaskets)
sxpmike
sxpmike
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next