ukgopedforum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race Event at SouthWest Karting (Cheddar)

+9
Jonno
TOBY
piedog
nizz
sxpmike
phil.s
weblefeck
shawzy89
hicksi
13 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Race Event at SouthWest Karting (Cheddar) Empty Race Event at SouthWest Karting (Cheddar)

Post  hicksi Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:51 am

Hey Guys,

Just got off the phone to a very friendly chap at SouthWest Karting (Old PSUK Premises/Track in Cheddar).

The company changed hands 18 months ago and has undergone a complete renovation, new track, lighting, gear, karts, mini-motos, the lot...

He's well up for us having our own night, there is currently an arrive and drive mini moto night on friday evenings, we need to get together and show 'em whats what!

*DONT JUST READ THIS*
If this is up your street, post up and get involved. If its too far, maybe Hullavington race track is a bit closer to home? I have been in touch with them too!...
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Race Event at SouthWest Karting (Cheddar) Empty Re: Race Event at SouthWest Karting (Cheddar)

Post  hicksi Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:35 am

Ok Guys,

So far I've had a response from Shawzy89, Weblefeck, Too-Fast-For-You and TOBY UK RIDER and their in.

Here's the list of people and 'peds

Hicksi x 3 People
x 4 'Peds (2x Go-Quads, 2x Big-foots)

Shawzy89 x1 Person
x 1 'Ped (1x TS Tuned Sport)

Weblefeck x 1 Person
x1 'Ped (Sport or GSR29)

Too-Fast-For-You x 1 Person
x1 'Ped (Go-Quad)

TOBY UK RIDER x 1 Person
x1 'Ped (Tbc)

Been over to Cheddar Race track to meet with the owner. Nice guy, they've spent allot of money down there on the refurb. Take a look at the Fb page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-West-Karting-Cheddar/203913566318132

Last edited by hicksi on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:00 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Info Update)
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Race Event at SouthWest Karting (Cheddar) Empty Re: Race Event at SouthWest Karting (Cheddar)

Post  hicksi Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:44 am

Weblefeck has said he's up for it too.

Will post what he's riding when he lets me know!
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  shawzy89 Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:35 pm

Trevor Simpson hard tyre train driven sport fully customised Wink

shawzy89

Back to top Go down

Post  weblefeck Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:38 am

I have a pick of a few, most likely be a Sport or GSR29
weblefeck
weblefeck

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:14 am

Sweet, never seen a GSR29, what others you got?

Any of you guys also wana send some PMs, emails to other members, get some more people involved?
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  weblefeck Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:55 am

I have 3 sports (I ended up with 3 by accident)
A GSR25 (Not sure why i put 29 before, it's a 25)
Bigfoot
and a Roadster
weblefeck
weblefeck

Back to top Go down

Race Event at SouthWest Karting (Cheddar) Empty Trevor Simpson

Post  shawzy89 Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:27 am

It's a gsr40 Trevor Simpson chain driven sport...

shawzy89

Back to top Go down

Post  phil.s Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:57 am

wish this was closer to me pale all ive got now is a stock bigfoot didnt the rocket centre (blackburn) used to run an event in at nights in the car park ?

phil.s

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:53 pm

Ah buddy that is pretty far away.

What engine you running in that Big Foot? G23LH / G260RC? Great 'Ped, was my first Very Happy

Never heard of the Rocket Centre before.
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  phil.s Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:08 pm

its just a stock bigfoot with the lh engine

phil.s

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:51 am

Nice,

You looking to upgrade? Stick a rocket key on there and potentially a Walbro 14 or 16mm and g260rc top nd and you'll be away!

Making another call for people to send out PMs/emails to get more people involved in this race night!
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  phil.s Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:24 am

i plan on doing as much as i can to it ideally id like to get another engine to mod and keep the stock original one as a spare back up.
whats the porting like on the g260rc engine like ? any room for improvment.
i wanna build something thats gonna be good on and off road im gonna need another set of wheels one set for off road tyres for the local wood trails and another set for some smooth kenda slicks for some track action.

phil.s

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:08 pm

That's not a bad idea mate.

The LH's are ok with mods but they'll never catch up with a done up 260-290RC...

The CY290 engine's are a direct bolt on replacement and is much cheaper than the G290RC option from zennoah.

I think there's allot of room for improvement on all the motors, G260, G290 etc... Take a look at DDM Racing, they provide new motors that come ported and have allot more power.

Lol. Remembering riding around the track with off road kenda's... Would probably still do it...
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:02 pm

If your reading this thread its likely you received one of these bad boys, I really hope we can stir some interest for this Race Night, get involved, let us know how many your gonna bring, and what your riding!

"Dear Fellow GoPed'er,

This is an attempt to raise as much interest as possible in setting up a Race Night either in the South West or West, or both! Get involved!

The tracks proposed are:

SouthWest Karting which is in Cheddar. (Postcode: BS27 3RP)
Check out their facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-West-Karting-Cheddar/203913566318132

M4 Karting which is in Hullavington. (Postcode: SN14 6GU)
Check out their facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/m4karting

Both sites have previously held UK Goped Race Nights and are always welcoming.

We already have a few people who are definitely up for making this work, we only need to boost the numbers a little and we can start setting dates.

Follow the link to the thread for the Race Night and Get Involved!

https://goped.forumotion.co.uk/t113-race-event-at-southwest-karting-cheddar

Cheers, Hicksi"
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:33 am

Ok guys, been checking PM's and the 'Race Night' thread on GopedNation.

Looks like we up to 7 PEOPLE! And 8 'PEDS, here's the list:

Hicksi x 3 People
x 4 'Peds (2x Go-Quads, 2x Big-foots)

Shawzy89 x1 Person
x 1 'Ped (1x TS Tuned Sport)

Weblefeck x 1 Person
x1 'Ped (Sport or GSR29)

Too-Fast-For-You x 1 Person
x1 'Ped (Go-Quad)

TOBY UK RIDER x 1 Person
x1 'Ped (Tbc)

Ill be in touch with Matt at SouthWest Karting soon to check what numbers will work with him, in the mean time you can check the track FB page:
https://en-gb.facebook.com/pages/South-West-Karting-Cheddar/203913566318132

Too-Fast-For-You / TOBY UK RIDER, what are you guys riding?

Lastly, if you have any 'Pedder mates, send them a PM, txt, email, lets try and get some more people involved.

Last edited by hicksi on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Info update)
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  sxpmike Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:54 pm

Do cheddar so we can camp again, that was a good laugh last time. Mike (too fast for you)
sxpmike
sxpmike
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:22 pm

Hey mike, think were definitely on for going to cheddar, just need to get numbers.

Think we should hold on a little longer and see if anyone else is interested, I will probably speak to Matt (SouthWest Karting) end of this week, we have 7 riders, 8 or more 'Peds so far...

ANYONE ELSE?? Don't just read this, get involved.
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  nizz Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:32 am

Make sure you guys take plenty of pictures, for those who carnt make it. And dont forget to get them posted up afterwards.
nizz
nizz

Back to top Go down

Post  sxpmike Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:05 am

Hicksi ill be on a kart Twisted Evil
sxpmike
sxpmike
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:56 am

YES Mike! What quad you running buddy?

We've got a SGQ and an original... 3 karts will be ace.
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:16 am

nizz wrote:Make sure you guys take plenty of pictures, for those who carnt make it. And dont forget to get them posted up afterwards.

We'll be sure to document the event well mate, Matt at SW Karting has a 'resident Go-Pro' which we he suggested we use to get some good footage, get it up on here, fb and youtube!? Im sure we've all got a camera phone or two between us too.

Just actually got off the phone with Matt at the track, I said we have 7 people, 8-9 'Peds and when is there a day that's going to work for him.

Obviously leading up to christmas there is plenty of bookings and the mini moto club has the track friday night... Matt does want to try and get us started before christmas but he did say if it doesn't work its usually a bit easier after christmas.

THE QUESTION IS WHAT DAYS WORK FOR YOU GUYS?

Once we have a day that works for all of us ill run it by Matt.

Im pretty sure we used to have the last race nights on Wednesday's and Thursday's, any of these days work for anyone?
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  sxpmike Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:47 pm

Preferably weekend as I work two jobs during the week.

sxpmike
sxpmike
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:24 pm

Weekend works for me too.

What's everyone else thinking??
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  piedog Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:16 am

are the planet ped guys not interested? thought they would be keen as mustard. its unlikely i will so i don't wanna go putting my name on the list. completely forgot this forum existed until i saw i had a pm in an email haha

piedog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next