ukgopedforum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*L@@K* NEXT RACE NIGHT - CHEDDAR - POLL

+7
shawzy89
Jonno
Ryan hale
SW Karting
TOBY
sxpmike
hicksi
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

When should the NEXT RACE NIGHT be?

*L@@K* NEXT RACE NIGHT - CHEDDAR - POLL I_vote_lcap44%*L@@K* NEXT RACE NIGHT - CHEDDAR - POLL I_vote_rcap 44% 
[ 4 ]
*L@@K* NEXT RACE NIGHT - CHEDDAR - POLL I_vote_lcap0%*L@@K* NEXT RACE NIGHT - CHEDDAR - POLL I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
*L@@K* NEXT RACE NIGHT - CHEDDAR - POLL I_vote_lcap56%*L@@K* NEXT RACE NIGHT - CHEDDAR - POLL I_vote_rcap 56% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 9

*L@@K* NEXT RACE NIGHT - CHEDDAR - POLL Empty *L@@K* NEXT RACE NIGHT - CHEDDAR - POLL

Post  hicksi Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:44 pm

Hey Guys,

So the Race Night on the 20th was a great success, as promised here's the thread where we can decide when to do the next one!!

The Night will follow the same set-up.

6pm-10pm @ SouthWest Karting in Cheddar

Nows also the time for a *REMINDER* Start stripping and checking those peds to make sure they're ready for the next night!
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

*L@@K* NEXT RACE NIGHT - CHEDDAR - POLL Empty Re: *L@@K* NEXT RACE NIGHT - CHEDDAR - POLL

Post  sxpmike Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:10 pm

3 months for me as its quite a journey and very ££££
sxpmike
sxpmike
Admin

Back to top Go down

*L@@K* NEXT RACE NIGHT - CHEDDAR - POLL Empty Re: *L@@K* NEXT RACE NIGHT - CHEDDAR - POLL

Post  hicksi Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:03 pm

Ah fair play mate.

We'll see how the poll goes but you've got me thinking 2 months is better at least than 1!
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  TOBY Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:50 pm

Having it on a weekend would work better for me and 3 months so I can loose some weight and get my self streamline lol

TOBY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:25 pm

TOBY wrote:Having it on a weekend would work better for me and 3 months so I can loose some weight and get my self streamline lol

Lol, I think ill try loose some weight for the quad!

Come on guys, over 15 views! And only 2 VOTES!!
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  SW Karting Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:55 am

TOBY wrote:Having it on a weekend would work better for me and 3 months so I can loose some weight and get my self streamline lol

A weekend is a no no really unless you can find a lot more people, sorry chaps!

Cheers

Matt
SW Karting
SW Karting

http://www.southwestkarting.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:14 am

SW Karting wrote:

Cheers

Matt

I understand Matt mate! I was going to say we wouldn't be able to do a weekend... (At least not for now).

For the time being gents shall we say do it on a wednesday again? Anyone have a preference as to the day of the week?

Remember we can't do Fridays (Mini moto Race Night).
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  sxpmike Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:14 am

SW Karting wrote:

Cheers

Matt

For future reference only here, how many people are we talking? Or I guess... How much are you looking to make ££ wise for a weekend day? I'd rather pay twice as much for a weekend as it means I'm not taking time off work.
sxpmike
sxpmike
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:50 am

We had around 11-12 people there on the 20th which was GREAT!

And lots of people mentioned they had more friends who were interested in coming to the next one, and that there were a few more Peds lurking in the back of the shed Very Happy

Me and Matt discussed that it was a great first turn out and we hope it will continue to grow in interest.

The problem with the weekends is Saturdays can understandably be a very busy day for Matt, and that the day is cut short by the need to set up for the Sunday market.

In terms of numbers, the Mini Moto lot can sometimes muster up to 35 Riders, which is why they have the Friday Night slot.

*For now, I think we'll have to stick to the week, but these next few months are key. Tell all your friends, give advice on where and how to pick up new and used peds, help your mates fix their broken neglected peds in the shed. The MORE numbers we can get, the BETTER!
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

*L@@K* NEXT RACE NIGHT - CHEDDAR - POLL Empty End of next month

Post  Ryan hale Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:04 am

Alright lads lets say end of.next month thats enough time to organise transport somewherr to.stay and a sicky or.day off work and most importantly to.get as many mods in as posible haha

Ryan hale

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:12 am

Ryan hale wrote:Alright lads lets say end of.next month thats enough time to organise transport somewherr to.stay and a sicky or.day off work and most importantly to.get as many mods in as posible haha

Loving the enthusiasm mate! Top man!

I know the poll is showing there is a keen interest to get the next meet asap.

What I don't want to do is make it difficult for the peeps who have to deal
With getting a day off work, travel a long distance etc...

The next step is for me to go and see Matt and have a good look in the diary. I'll get some dates towards the end of next month (march) and early April.

What you recon lads? Earlier/Later??

Damn I've got the bug again lol...
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonno Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:33 am

Every 3 months is best for Mart and I, 2 months at least. Its a fair way to come for us and means getting at least 1 day off work and spending a fair bit on fuel etc.

Also, although everyone is dead keen now you tend to get burn out if you do it too often. Maybe keeping it not so regular, especially when there arent huge numbers at the moment is a good idea for now?
Jonno
Jonno

Back to top Go down

Post  shawzy89 Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:19 pm

Well I am very keen on the next night but
Don't really seam fair on others.
However as I said in the videos post mike and the missis is more
than welcome to stay at mine for a night or two
As its a long drive Wink

shawzy89

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan hale Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:55 pm

Lads i think we shohld keep the fire burning and carry on everymonth keep it consistant as he lads who cant.come.all the time can come.everyother and me and shawzy already have at least 3 more people coming with peds what yu rekon peeps

Ryan hale

Back to top Go down

Post  sxpmike Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:02 pm

I think you guys should do it as often as there is demand really. If you boys think you can rustle up 10 /15 riders for a months time then get talking amongst yourselves and make it happen!

How so people feel about travelling to other tracks across the country? I'm going to look into other ones.
sxpmike
sxpmike
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  shawzy89 Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:09 pm

sxpmike wrote:I think you guys should do it as often as there is demand really. If you boys think you can rustle up 10 /15 riders for a months time then get talking amongst yourselves and make it happen!

How so people feel about travelling to other tracks across the country? I'm going to look into other ones.

As I say mike you can stay at mine when you come down
To keep your price down an having to leave erly Wink

shawzy89

Back to top Go down

Post  bigfootjoe Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm

So up for this cant believe i missd the last one!!!! Gunna have to get the peds out!!

bigfootjoe

Back to top Go down

Post  shawzy89 Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:29 pm

bigfootjoe wrote:So up for this cant believe i missd the last one!!!! Gunna have to get the peds out!!

Quality Wink

shawzy89

Back to top Go down

Post  sxpmike Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:40 pm

bigfootjoe wrote:So up for this cant believe i missd the last one!!!! Gunna have to get the peds out!!

I knew you could do it !
sxpmike
sxpmike
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sxpmike Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:42 pm

shawzy89 wrote:
sxpmike wrote:I think you guys should do it as often as there is demand really. If you boys think you can rustle up 10 /15 riders for a months time then get talking amongst yourselves and make it happen!

Thanks for the offer fella, but I would feel awkward crashing at yours, I'm guessing its your rents house?
sxpmike
sxpmike
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  shawzy89 Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:47 pm

sxpmike wrote:
shawzy89 wrote:

Thanks for the offer fella, but I would feel awkward crashing at yours, I'm guessing its your rents house?

Don't be silly mate be sound it's mine an missis house an my 4 year old boy n 6month ill girl Wink
If I new you were comin that far before an gettin hotel I'd of said before mate honestly mate me an missis don't mind.
Must of cost you a bomb for that night lol

shawzy89

Back to top Go down

Post  sxpmike Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:52 pm

shawzy89 wrote:
sxpmike wrote:
shawzy89 wrote:

Don't be silly mate be sound it's mine an missis house an my 4 year old boy n 6month ill girl Wink
If I new you were comin that far before an gettin hotel I'd of said before mate honestly mate me an missis don't mind.
Must of cost you a bomb for that night lol
Ahhhhhhhh fair play, wasn't expecting you to say that!
I feel a little less intrusive now on your parents as I won't be intruding on them lol!

The hotel this time round was only 15 quid but I managed to get a deal to get it that cheap. Should normally be like 60 quid lol.
sxpmike
sxpmike
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  shawzy89 Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:03 pm

Ahhhhhhhh fair play, wasn't expecting you to say that!
I feel a little less intrusive now on your parents as I won't be intruding on them lol!

The hotel this time round was only 15 quid but I managed to get a deal to get it that cheap. Should normally be like 60 quid lol. [/quote]

Lol never judge a book by its cove hahaha
That was good price but 15 off your bill can go to fuel lol
An you don't have to rush out at certain time Wink

shawzy89

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:43 pm

Lol. There is too many people to 'quote' this time.

YES BigFootJoe, its good to see we're driving interest up!

Again, big shout to those 'Pedders that put allot of effort to be there on the 20th.
YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND FAIR PLAY!

Its also nice to see support from some of our more local 'Ped possey.

I think to recap there are 3 important things to do now.

1. Speak with Matt @ SouthWest Karting with regards to setting up another Race Night in NO LESS THAN 2 MONTHS.
Ill be calling matt this week in order to get some dates which I can run by you guys and see what works with the majority.

2. Speak with Matt @ Southwest Karting with regards to a POTENTIAL EARLIER RACE NIGHT.
This is a massive 'potential' as it relies heavily on local numbers and interest. I think ill start a new thread to see how many people we can muster. Were really going to need roughly the same number we had on the 20th to do this, although if the demand is there, then im sure Matt will be keen, we need to keep in mind he's running a business...

3. Lastly, Look into potential other tracks
It would be great to find a track that might be welcoming to a 'Ped race night so as to allow some of our further friends to attend a Race Night. The only other track i've ever been to 'Pedding is Hullavington...
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  shawzy89 Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:50 pm

Good stuff hicksi

I deffo do not recommend hulli
Track no good for peds
An yes he will exept peds if we get a few of us.

shawzy89

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next