ukgopedforum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race Event at SouthWest Karting (Cheddar)

+9
Jonno
TOBY
piedog
nizz
sxpmike
phil.s
weblefeck
shawzy89
hicksi
13 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Race Event at SouthWest Karting (Cheddar) - Page 4 Empty Re: Race Event at SouthWest Karting (Cheddar)

Post  hicksi Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:51 pm

Ok bud,

Presume you need parts for an RC or CY engine and not G23LH or G4L.

Im pretty certain I've got a coil and a spindle, need to see what else i've got.

What peds have you actually got? Which ones need the parts?
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Race Event at SouthWest Karting (Cheddar) - Page 4 Empty Re: Race Event at SouthWest Karting (Cheddar)

Post  shawzy89 Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:46 am

hicksi wrote:Ok bud,

Presume you need parts for an RC or CY engine and not G23LH or G4L.

Im pretty certain I've got a coil and a spindle, need to see what else i've got.

What peds have you actually got? Which ones need the parts?

My Trevor Simpson is a cy29 engine an that's what I need pull start for.
The rest is 4 the g23lh engine the spindle drive hard tyre sport??????

shawzy89

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:23 am

I don't have a pull start for a RC/CY engine unfortunately, although I do have one for a G23LH somewhere.

I've also got a coil and spindle that should fit a G23LH so its the G23LH head and RC/CY Pull start your after?
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  SW Karting Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:17 pm

Hi Chaps

Im really looking forward to the 20th, looks like we've got quite a few quads & peds turning up.

Can you all make sure you bring either full face helmets or motor x helmets, if you haven't got one, its not a problem you can hire one of ours!

If any of you guy are on Facebook, please hook us up, i will be taking photos & Gopro footage of the night which i will be posting there!

See you all on the night

Cheers

Matt
SW Karting
SW Karting

http://www.southwestkarting.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  shawzy89 Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:21 pm

hicksi wrote:I don't have a pull start for a RC/CY engine unfortunately, although I do have one for a G23LH somewhere.

I've also got a coil and spindle that should fit a G23LH so its the G23LH head and RC/CY Pull start your after?

Yep you got it Wink I might have a head kit but not sure might just have piston so need bore or maybe other way round.

shawzy89

Back to top Go down

Post  sxpmike Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:48 am

Ok, I have reconsidered, I am going to try and make it, but only if my kart is in a good state. It needs a lot of work doing over the next month but it would be great to go!
sxpmike
sxpmike
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:53 am

shawzy89 wrote:
hicksi wrote:I don't have a pull start for a RC/CY engine unfortunately, although I do have one for a G23LH somewhere.

Yep you got it Wink I might have a head kit but not sure might just have piston so need bore or maybe other way round.

Lol, well try and work out which way round it is and we can take it from there. My parts won't be going any where soon!

I've had allot of luck with evilbay recently, especially for engine parts. Look for RC car engines, specifically 1/5th Scale RC cars as many of these use RC/CY motors. Picked up a really good cond. CY260 for 45 posted! (Minus card, filter, exhaust)...
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:55 am

sxpmike wrote:Ok, I have reconsidered, I am going to try and make it, but only if my kart is in a good state. It needs a lot of work doing over the next month but it would be great to go!

Yoooooou Knoooooow Mike! Very Happy Top Man!

Takes us nicely up to 10 Riders and 12 Peds, then again my maths has never been that good. Ill double check soon.

What does the quad need doing bud?
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:57 am

SW Karting wrote:Hi Chaps

Im really looking forward to the 20th, looks like we've got quite a few quads & peds turning up.

Can you all make sure you bring either full face helmets or motor x helmets, if you haven't got one, its not a problem you can hire one of ours!

If any of you guy are on Facebook, please hook us up, i will be taking photos & Gopro footage of the night which i will be posting there!

See you all on the night

Cheers

Matt

No problem Matt!

I've got enough helmets to kit out all my riders Very Happy

Thanks again for the last Race Night!

Got some great footage gents which ill get up soon!
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:58 am

Remember to join up to the SouthWest Karting FB Page gents!

Linky:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-West-Karting-Cheddar/203913566318132?fref=ts
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Race Event at SouthWest Karting (Cheddar) - Page 4 Empty Parts

Post  shawzy89 Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:50 am

Right I need carb an carb manifold a whole bore kit throttle cable coil an spindle for the g23lh engine.....

shawzy89

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonno Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:51 am

The peds i'm hoping to bring along.

Race Event at SouthWest Karting (Cheddar) - Page 4 Ped3_zps8d3bbf5a
Race Event at SouthWest Karting (Cheddar) - Page 4 Ped1_zps82bd8651
Race Event at SouthWest Karting (Cheddar) - Page 4 Gtr_zps03773ffe
Jonno
Jonno

Back to top Go down

Post  nizz Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:14 pm

Very nice , bit of work gone into them.... Cool
nizz
nizz

Back to top Go down

Post  SW Karting Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:57 pm

Awesome can't wait to see them!!

Matt
SW Karting
SW Karting

Back to top Go down

Post  sxpmike Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:56 am

hicksi wrote:
sxpmike wrote:Ok, I have reconsidered, I am going to try and make it, but only if my kart is in a good state. It needs a lot of work doing over the next month but it would be great to go!

Takes us nicely up to 10 Riders and 12 Peds, then again my maths has never been that good. Ill double check soon.

Too much lol, it's not the doing bit that worries me, it's how well it will hold up given that I won't have long to test it out before the night!
sxpmike
sxpmike
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SW Karting Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:54 pm

sxpmike wrote:
hicksi wrote:

Too much lol, it's not the doing bit that worries me, it's how well it will hold up given that I won't have long to test it out before the night!

Give it a shake down at the track?!

Matt
SW Karting
SW Karting

Back to top Go down

Post  sxpmike Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:04 pm

Long way to drive for it to break in the first 10 minutes lol. Need to make sure I'm gonna be on the track lol
sxpmike
sxpmike
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SW Karting Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:25 pm

sxpmike wrote:Long way to drive for it to break in the first 10 minutes lol. Need to make sure I'm gonna be on the track lol

Where are you from? We've got a garage full of tools & there will be a few people to lend a hand!

Cheers

Matt
SW Karting
SW Karting

Back to top Go down

Post  sxpmike Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:43 pm

I'm from Leicester. I appreciate the offer for help. Might be a case of bringing everything like the welder as well!
sxpmike
sxpmike
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SW Karting Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:13 pm

sxpmike wrote:I'm from Leicester. I appreciate the offer for help. Might be a case of bringing everything like the welder as well!

Bloody hell fair shout, that is a long way.

We've got a welder at the track which anyone is more than welcome to use!

Cheers

Matt
SW Karting
SW Karting

Back to top Go down

Race Event at SouthWest Karting (Cheddar) - Page 4 Empty Sorted

Post  shawzy89 Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:23 pm

SW Karting wrote:
sxpmike wrote:I'm from Leicester. I appreciate the offer for help. Might be a case of bringing everything like the welder as well!

Cheers

Matt

Any camping facilities on site to lol Laughing

shawzy89

Back to top Go down

Post  sxpmike Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:06 pm

There's a campsite next to the track but I'm going hotel lol, mid feb ain't the warmest!
sxpmike
sxpmike
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SW Karting Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:15 pm

shawzy89 wrote:
SW Karting wrote:

Cheers

Matt

Any camping facilities on site to lol Laughing

Ok guys the camp site be hide the track is called Petruth Paddocks, its £7.50 per person per night (adults) £5.00 per child per night & under 4 year olds are free!

The address is:

8 Black Down Mead
Draycott Park
Cheddar
Somerset
BS27 3XW

You can call Jules on:07813320870

There are lots of other camp sites but this one is right be hide the track, 2 minutes in a car!

There are also lots of B&B's & pubs to stay at!

Cheers

Matt
SW Karting
SW Karting

Back to top Go down

Race Event at SouthWest Karting (Cheddar) - Page 4 Empty There we go people

Post  shawzy89 Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:24 pm

[quote="SW Karting"]
shawzy89 wrote:
SW Karting wrote:

Cheers

Matt

Any camping facilities on site to lol Laughing [/quote

Ok guys the camp site be hide the track is called Petruth Paddocks, its £7.50 per person per night (adults) £5.00 per child per night & under 4 year olds are free!

The address is:

8 Black Down Mead
Draycott Park
Cheddar
Somerset
BS27 3XW

You can call Jules on:07813320870

There are lots of other camp sites but this one is right be hide the track, 2 minutes in a car!

There are also lots of B&B's & pubs to stay at!

Cheers

Matt

Lol quality matt Wink

shawzy89

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:24 pm

Jonno wrote:The peds i'm hoping to bring along.

Man I CANT WAIT to see these 'Peds, they look awesome!

Top work Matt! Mike, matt has a v. impressive array of tools, if you can't get it done it that garage ill eat my hat Very Happy
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next