ukgopedforum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race Event at SouthWest Karting (Cheddar)

+9
Jonno
TOBY
piedog
nizz
sxpmike
phil.s
weblefeck
shawzy89
hicksi
13 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Race Event at SouthWest Karting (Cheddar) - Page 8 Empty Re: Race Event at SouthWest Karting (Cheddar)

Post  sxpmike Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:06 pm

I'm sure I have a couple of beasty springs that will work, just get your ass to the track on 20th lol
sxpmike
sxpmike
Admin

Back to top Go down

Race Event at SouthWest Karting (Cheddar) - Page 8 Empty Re: Race Event at SouthWest Karting (Cheddar)

Post  hicksi Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:26 pm

sxpmike wrote:I'm sure I have a couple of beasty springs that will work, just get your ass to the track on 20th lol

Top advice! Lol
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:20 am

shawzy89 wrote:
hicksi wrote:Right.

I'm waiting on a delivery of new parts from DDM, but once they arrive I'll take a stock count of my spare parts ;-)

I 'may' potentially have a carb manifold, 14mm Walbro Carb, and I know I've got a Biggy spindle.

Keep you posted mate!

Cheers mate

Shawzy mate,

Deffo got a manifold, brand new and used, off an RC... Not sure if there different in an LH? What engine you need it for?

Have a 14mm spare

Still got that Biggy spindle

Any help?
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  piedog Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:26 am

sxpmike wrote:I'm sure I have a couple of beasty springs that will work, just get your ass to the track on 20th lol

haha ok. as long as i can get out of work early i will be there, problem is i'm having a half day friday so hopefully the boss will be ok with it

piedog

Back to top Go down

Post  TOBY Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:03 pm

I've got the road legal Bigfoot half built don't think I have a brake caliper thought and have been busy at work so might not have the time

TOBY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  shawzy89 Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:42 pm

hicksi wrote:
shawzy89 wrote:

I'm waiting on a delivery of new parts from DDM, but once they arrive I'll take a stock count of my spare parts ;-)

I 'may' potentially have a carb manifold, 14mm Walbro Carb, and I know I've got a Biggy spindle.

Keep you posted mate!

Cheers mate

Shawzy mate,

Deffo got a manifold, brand new and used, off an RC... Not sure if there different in an LH? What engine you need it for?

Have a 14mm spare

Any help?

Yea wicked mate yea they the same
looks like ill just use your biggy spindle
Ill put washers behind tank to space it to make it fit lol Wink

shawzy89

Back to top Go down

Post  sxpmike Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:10 pm

Come on guys it's one evening! Keep the scene alive and turn up lol
sxpmike
sxpmike
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sxpmike Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:15 pm

shawzy89 wrote:
hicksi wrote:
shawzy89 wrote:

Keep you posted mate!

Cheers mate

Shawzy mate,

Have a 14mm spare

Any help?

Bigfoot spindle should fit straight up on the sport
sxpmike
sxpmike
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  shawzy89 Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:07 pm

sxpmike wrote:
shawzy89 wrote:
hicksi wrote:
shawzy89 wrote:

Keep you posted mate!

Cheers mate

Shawzy mate,

Have a 14mm spare

Any help?

Bigfoot spindle should fit straight up on the sport

Cool that's me set Wink

shawzy89

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:44 pm

Right, my back aches like a mother f****r but i've finished in the garage and all my Ped's are ready to go!

Shawzy, just to confirm all you need from me is the Biggy spindle?

Ill be bringing my box of spares, ordered a few more gaskets just incase. Thought I'd put the link up here, the guy is really good and has always dispatched early next morning!

Zenoah / Chung Yang 2-Bolt Engine Gasket Set 3.99 + 0.40p Postage:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=111012537398

Me, Simon and Cam are really looking forward to seeing you all next week Very Happy
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:51 pm

Me and the lads will be packing my car tuesday night so its ready to go as soon as we get back from work.

We've all asked to leave early (5.30) So should be at the track about 6.30

Make sure you all bring ear plugs lol!
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  shawzy89 Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:58 am

I no longer require any bits an my Trevor Simpson is running now at half throttle bogs full throttle...

The reason I no longer need the part I just purchased a gsr40 Wink) so I have 2 to bring.

I also thought it was 6-10?

My jetpro pipe is f**king loud so for ear plugs good ideal lmao

shawzy89

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:12 am

Shame its playing up buddy.

I can bring my 14mm carb along if you want to try that? Maybe the carb you are using is knackered? It can happen?

SWEET! Top work mate! Is it standard or does it have some shiny go faster parts on? Very Happy

Ill update the confirmed list for you...

*As for the times, Race Night IS 6pm - 10pm, its just we might be a little late.

LOL, my ears are still ringing from trying to tune my quads with the Sikk Torque Pipes...

hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:20 am

Right Gents, I've trawled through the posts and done a running summary of who and what is gonna be there on the night.

- Hicksi
x 3 Riders
x 4 'Peds (1 x BigFoot / 2 x Original Quads / 1 x Super Quad 25)

- Matt (SouthWestKarting)
x 1 Rider
x 1 'Ped (1 x Blata Buzz Board)

- SxpMike (Too Fast For You GPN)
x 1 Rider
x 1 'Ped ( 1 x Twin Polini Quad)

- Shawzy89
x 3 Riders
x 2 'Peds (1 x GSR40 / 1 x Sport) - (Possibly TS Sport *Needs work)

- Mart & Jonno
x 2 Riders
x 4 'Peds (1 x GTR60 /1 x Polini GSR /1 x Twin46 Quad /1 x SGSR 46)

- Piedog
x 1 Rider
x 2 'Peds (1 x GSR40 / 1 x Pro60)

- TOBY (TOBY UK RIDER GPN)
x 1 Rider
x 1 'Ped (x 1 Road Legal Bigfoot)

- WEBBLEFECK
x 1 Rider
x 1/2 'Peds (Sport OR GSR25)

TOTAL RIDERS: x 13
TOTAL 'PEDS: x 16
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:23 am

Piedog, how you getting on with your boss mate? Think you'll be able to make it?
Take some donuts in on wednesday morning lol Very Happy

TOBY, hows the road legal Biggy? I've just swapped out my stock single sided fork for the ADA suspension forks so no longer using the old brake caliper... Any parts your after in particular?

Can anyone contact WEBBLEFECK, he hasn't replied to this thread for ages!
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonno Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:52 am

I think I might be pushing the boundaries of whats acceptable noise levels with the Polini unsilenced. Even with 2 secondary silencers on its easily louder than all my other peds so I'll be running with the silencers on I think.
Jonno
Jonno

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:03 am

Lol. Thanks for the heads up Jonno.

None of my Ped's are running silencers and the torque pipes are LOUD. But I have no doubts your's will smash most of ours out of the park Cool

From the several mini-moto Race Nights that me and Simon have been to most of the guys are running extremely LOUD machines, I have seen a few that I've had to turn away from as they blast it out of the pits (and thats with ear plugs in)...

Run what you think is best, I think most of us will still have ringing ears the next day regardless... Razz

Just got back in from tuning all my engines up, I'm sure my neighbors love me lol!
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonno Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:40 am

hicksi wrote:Lol. Thanks for the heads up Jonno.

None of my Ped's are running silencers and the torque pipes are LOUD. But I have no doubts your's will smash most of ours out of the park Cool

From the several mini-moto Race Nights that me and Simon have been to most of the guys are running extremely LOUD machines, I have seen a few that I've had to turn away from as they blast it out of the pits (and thats with ear plugs in)...

Run what you think is best, I think most of us will still have ringing ears the next day regardless... Razz

Just got back in from tuning all my engines up, I'm sure my neighbors love me lol!

In that case I'll run without it. I can always pop the silencers on if need be. I never get to run it unsilenced so I will give it a go if i get the chance.
Jonno
Jonno

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:00 pm

Jonno wrote:
In that case I'll run without it. I can always pop the silencers on if need be. I never get to run it unsilenced so I will give it a go if i get the chance.

Haha, top man! The track with lap it up (excuse the pun).

Love the noise coming out the doors as you turn up to that place, plus Matt had all new extractor fans installed when he took over! Its as ready as ever for all of us Cool

Atleast we'll be able to hear it LOUD and CLEAR on the Go-Pro, probably be using the Water-Proof back door
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  piedog Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:51 pm

hicksi wrote:Piedog, how you getting on with your boss mate? Think you'll be able to make it?
Take some donuts in on wednesday morning lol Very Happy

haha good idea. i will just ask tomorrow, im sure if i say i'll come in an hour earlier to make up for it that it will not be a problem

piedog

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:12 pm

piedog wrote:

haha good idea. i will just ask tomorrow, im sure if i say i'll come in an hour earlier to make up for it that it will not be a problem

Nice work buddy!

Its really good to see the commitment we have on this thread!!! afro
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  shawzy89 Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:46 am

Right I'm bringing gsr40 an Trevor Simpson just need some1 to tune the Simpson when I'm there had it running good today so I thought I'd give it some little tweaks and lost it so its all fine I just don't have the patients lol an Gsr only has a pipe.

shawzy89

Back to top Go down

Post  piedog Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:57 pm

eh it aint looking likely sorry guys other craps got in the way, my apologies

piedog

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:21 pm

Hey No Worries PieDog. Shame we won't see ya. BUT!

Ill hold you to coming next time eh? There WILL be a next time. Very Happy

Top work Shawzy, ill update the list for you on pg. 13.

Im sure we'll have your TS up and running in no time, plenty of guys coming on wednesday who've experienced what your going through with your carb. If it still doesn't work, ill be bringing that 14mm carb to make sure you get it on the track, and we can eliminate the carb from the potential faults list!

I have definitely booked off from 5.30, I'm gonna double check tomorrow if I can't get off at 5 to get to the track earlier Very Happy Can't believe its SO close, keep you all posted.
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  shawzy89 Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:12 pm

hicksi wrote:Hey No Worries PieDog. Shame we won't see ya. BUT!

Ill hold you to coming next time eh? There WILL be a next time. Very Happy

Top work Shawzy, ill update the list for you on pg. 13.

Im sure we'll have your TS up and running in no time, plenty of guys coming on wednesday who've experienced what your going through with your carb. If it still doesn't work, ill be bringing that 14mm carb to make sure you get it on the track, and we can eliminate the carb from the potential faults list!

I have definitely booked off from 5.30, I'm gonna double check tomorrow if I can't get off at 5 to get to the track earlier Very Happy Can't believe its SO close, keep you all posted.

Sorted I can't wait gonna be fun Wink

shawzy89

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next