ukgopedforum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lh engine mods

2 posters

Go down

lh engine mods Empty lh engine mods

Post  phil.s Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:47 pm

right lads ive got a stock bigfoot and dont have any intentions of changing the engine as it doesnt get all that much use but would like to get a bit more poke out of it. i know there is only so much you can do with a spindle driven system and sprocket and chain is much much better but i was thinking maybe there is a big bore upgrade for this engine ? and maybe a better crank ? also a expansion pipe exhaust and carb upgrade would go well .
A thing that is getting me is nobody ever seems to mention they have upjetted there carb to suit the bigger pipe and airfilter.On any 2 stroke bike ive modded the carbs need to be upjetted when fitting race pipes and open filters so makes sense a 2 stroke goped engine would need the same ?.
Il also be using a foam filter as dont want any crap getting in the engine as were i go with it its a bit dusty cheers lads

phil.s

Back to top Go down

lh engine mods Empty Re: lh engine mods

Post  hicksi Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:57 pm

'Ello Mate,

I know im diggin up old threads, just trying to get a bit of activity going on here... Thought i'd answer just incase your still wondering.

Most of my peds run off G260RC motors, but my first and best bigfoot is still running on its little LH. Plenty of things you can do to squeeze a horsey or two more out of it.

Big-bore kits are probably a good start. When I was buying them a while ago you could get a 26cc or 29cc Kit. Believe its the CY-29cc Kit im running on my LH.
If you want to increase the displacement further you could run a 'Stroker Crank'. They come around +1mm or 2mm, Im running a +2mm stroker on my RC engines although there are 'clearance issues' which need a copper gasket as well so check this.

As you would imagine, to get the best out of a Big-bore kit its best to up the carb and add a pipe. Don't over look the ADA stalker, great noise and usually a bit cheaper than a new pipe.
At the time the Walbro WT-603 16mm Carb was the best replacement, bigger throat and gives you the option to set what the manufacturer calls the 'High' and 'Low' Jets, I was always confused with this as others have said this is just the air and petrol mix screws. Don't think i've ever met anyone who messed with Jets with Go-peds, just bung on the '603 and get tuning...
As for the pipes, there was always mention of series 1 (acceleration) and series 2 (torque). I've always stuck with series 2 although have got some series 1 just dont pull as much...

Other little mods for the LH inc. the 'Rocket Key', just a little woodruff key that advances the position of the flywheel 10 degrees on the crank, meant to improve response.
Boost bottles were an added extra, basically stores 'gas+air' between the carb and cylinder for improved response, looks cool in action too.

Think that covers the very 'basics' or engine parts.

Just a quick note on spindles and chains etc. Don't knock the spindle drive, if your looking to go faster, ADA and BlackMagic make aftermarket spindles of most sizes, try messing with these, the 'B.M.' spindles were much more aggressive and had more 'bite' IMO.
I run a spindle Go-Quad and Chain Go-Quad, Starting from still or on the straits the Chain does have a bit of an advantage, although in the corners the Chain quad loses speed (Going sideways Cool ) and thus losses RPM's, whereas the spindle Quad can lift the engine, spin it right up and dump it back on the wheel, so there's pro's and cons...

Hope this helps. Sorry for the essay, got carried away...
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  phil.s Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:06 am

thanks very much for your reply bud its just the kind of thing i was after all that was missing was the links to the parts you mentioned lol

im used to tuning two stroke road bikes and mopeds so knew all about the bigger carb needed when an expansion pipe is fitted i just couldnt find any info on the net regarding pipe makes and jet sizes.

p.s dont suppose you got any bits for sale ?

phil.s

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down