ukgopedforum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wrecked my focus

2 posters

Go down

wrecked my focus Empty wrecked my focus

Post  gazeddy Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:19 pm

just three hours after fitting a new turbo to my focus some dizzy bint pulled out on me pushing me into a van. needless to say im not happy.
i know the car will be written off over it. there is too much suspension and mechanical damage. where do i stand with my finance anybody know im basically 2 yrs into a 5 yr finance.
and can i fight them to get them to return my car to pre crash condition.
yes there will be pics following theyll be up tomorrow when i can take them in the light. but ive had a nice meeting with the 5-0 tonight for once they were fair with me unlike the other night when i was driving my brothers sierra around and i was pulled for driving an old car. was quite a nice feeling stuffing all my docs into his face

from what ive read online basically i get paid out what the car is worth in the local area minus excess which ill be claiming back from her is this right or will i get paid what the book says its worth

gazeddy

Back to top Go down

wrecked my focus Empty Re: wrecked my focus

Post  weblefeck Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:51 am

gazeddy wrote:just three hours after fitting a new turbo to my focus some dizzy bint pulled out on me pushing me into a van. needless to say im not happy.
i know the car will be written off over it. there is too much suspension and mechanical damage. where do i stand with my finance anybody know im basically 2 yrs into a 5 yr finance.
and can i fight them to get them to return my car to pre crash condition.
yes there will be pics following theyll be up tomorrow when i can take them in the light. but ive had a nice meeting with the 5-0 tonight for once they were fair with me unlike the other night when i was driving my brothers sierra around and i was pulled for driving an old car. was quite a nice feeling stuffing all my docs into his face

from what ive read online basically i get paid out what the car is worth in the local area minus excess which ill be claiming back from her is this right or will i get paid what the book says its worth

Did you take out GAP insurance when u had the finance? Reason being as soon as the finance company find out the car is writen of they will want to reclaim the remainder of the finance (if secured on the car). For example, car was £8000, with insurance and finance interest etc it was £11000, after two years u still owe £8500. They will want their £8500 back, depending on the company and the T&C's they might take off whats owing ont he PPI and interest making it say £7000. The insurance company give u what the car is worth say £5000, U need to find £2000, that is where your GAP insurance make up the difference.

Insurance company will simply give u the book value adjusted for milage, minus excess, then it's a case of screwing her insurance company for personal injury, excess.
weblefeck
weblefeck

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum