ukgopedforum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Pedland" on ebay

2 posters

Go down

"Pedland" on ebay Empty "Pedland" on ebay

Post  weblefeck Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:31 am

U all knows pedland, big expance of oval track up my end, very dusty, death if u atempt it on a sport... lots of fun, many a happy hour washing the dust out my eyes!

So who is the Ebay seller "pedland"? Anyone we know? Just interested seems to have a lot of good stuff and good prices!

Recon we should give him a shout about the forum? He might be able to give any customers the heads up about us as well as get his stuff up for sale?

Very Happy
weblefeck
weblefeck

Back to top Go down

"Pedland" on ebay Empty Re: "Pedland" on ebay

Post  weblefeck Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:59 am

Here's a heads up:

I'd been eyeing up the know-ped deck for a bit, she orders it me for xmas as she'd found it in the watchlist and knew i'd been looking at it.

29th Nov she orders it, seller clicks sent box on the 5th Dec, Which it's self is a sunday, no worries, maybe thats when it was boxed up ready to be sent and it would have gone out on the Monday 6th Dec. A little slow but good intime for xmas, Estimated delivery date passes, no worries post is a little slow!

So on the 12th december she logs into her ebay to see if there are any updates on that item and another item she's brought.

Comes into me in tears, seller is "No longer registered on ebay" which would set the alarm bells ringing for anyone, its overdue, now the seller is gone. She tells me everything, has to ruin the suprise as she dont know what to do next, she's never had this happen before!

So, no messing, seller is awol i dont bother trying to email or with a dispute now he's no longer registered, i bang it in dispute straight to claim via paypal on the 12th!

17th December seller emails us saying:
"Hello, you should have the item by now? Can you cancel the claim so I can use my paypal please.
Sorry for the delay in posting had problems at home, longgg story.

Anything else you need let me know.

cheers, {name removed}"

Instantly makes me think it wasnt sent around the 5th in the first place, and was sent sometime since the 12th when the claim was logged! Which again makes me think would he have even sent it at all if i hadn't logged a claim?

Now, still no item to date, now being the 26th. I know post is slow atm but it's had long enough (almost a month all in) but i've had parcels sent since that date arive ok so im guessing it's not even been sent and he was just bluffing us to end the claim early. Paypal acted fast and got her a re-fund as soon as he couldnt supply a tracking number. So no money lost.

So that's my story, i hate to think people out there would try and rob anyone! So just be careful folks. I wouldnt normally have posted this as he was no longer registered, but the account has since been re-opened and is still trading under the name of "pedland" Neutral
weblefeck
weblefeck

Back to top Go down

Post  Marc Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:30 am

I found this thread when checking the search results for MY new website "pedland".

So yes it is I & there are two sides to every story and here's my right to reply. You have indeed most of the parts right including I had/have/will have many parts for sale at cheaper prices.

Parts wrong would be that the item was never sent. What does anybody stand to gain on ebay by not sending an item, especially valued at £20? If the item is not received, claim is made and money refunded. Of course proof of postage counts for nothing (which I probably still have somewhere) so I was down a Knowped deck and the £5 it cost me to send it. Yes you are right that I took my time sending it & as I said in my email I was having problems at home, namely my mrs f**king some guy and kicking me out just before xmas. ohhhh & some scalies broke into my car and knicked a newly powdercoated sport with brand new ssport billets & tyres/rc engine/newly gripped deck etc on it all in the same week. It's been joy ever since but hey gotta keep cracking on with it.

My account went down as I hadn't payed my fees I think, I assumed that when my account went down and the claim was placed and then I never received a negative that the buyer had received the item. Thats the pitfall with ebay, they basically get you stuck into a corner when you have outstanding items, then if a claim is placed, its all over for the seller. Seems I was wrong about that and it is lost in the royal mail ether. I learnt my lesson from that when a guy on here decided he was going to try and wreck my account just after xmas. I shall post that story if anyones interested.

As for parts I'm getting about 5k's worth, few nice little bits and trying to get more.

As for the name pedland it is supposed to refer to Goped experience days in a woodLAND, but its proving near impossible for me to setup.

I am sorry you never received it and never believed what I told you & felt the need to post it on here for people to avoid me.

Cheers, Marc

Marc

Back to top Go down

Post  weblefeck Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:56 am

I'd like to make it clear, at no point i told people to avoid u, i just posted a true account of what happened.

For what it's worth i do believe it was sent, but to this date has still not showed up. The only thing in question was when it was actually sent. Infact i'd forgotten all about the deck. It's most likely sat in piles of un-delivered and damaged goods at a depo somewhere waiting to be auctioned off in bulk.

I, and i think everyone else knows what a Royal f**k up xmas was with the weather for couriers and postal services. I had items sent in Nov show up in Jan!

I hated the fact we had to put a claim in, i've had it done to me in the past, i dont sell on ebay anymore. That is why I didnt leave neg feedback, it does no body any favours in the long run.

I certainly did not try to, or aim to wreck your account. Simply sort a transaction that went bad.

The guys on here know me, i'm a genuine guy, we've all traded with each other in the past, brought and sold a few parts and peds.

On another subject, the pedland we refer to is a local (to me) ex dog racing track. Awesome place, almost certain death if you try it on a sport, airtire is a must, suspension is recomended if you value your kidneys, awesome place. Dont think we've been there in two years tho Sad

Your experience days sound like a good idea, although i can see how it could be difficult to get going. But all the best with that, would be a laugh!

weblefeck
weblefeck

Back to top Go down

Post  Marc Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:18 am

Hey, I didn't say you were trying to wreck my account, someone else on here did, old green eyed because I was selling a TSi and TRQ. He wanted me to sell at his price lmao Wink) Yeah I probably did delay on sending it, but down to where my head was at I guess, I got a neutral at same time for some ADA bars that went out the same time I believe, xmas post didn't help. I even had ideas of going to the west mids and sitting outside the buyers house and when seeing some kid on a knowped with a billet deck calling the feds haha, Obviously no kids involved haha Wink

Yes I know its all sound with the old ped crew and have even lapped you at cheddar on my stock sport but I got the slowest ped prize as you DNF'd. They never honoured that £20 prize btw hahaha Wink))

Well all good I guess, yes the deck will be sat somewhere with no one knowing what the heck it is, nice bit of ally in it though Wink Like the sport tht got robbed from my car that week, It wasn't even fully rebuilt, no ignition coil or spindle, so that would have ended up in a skip somewhere :// It might crop up one day but I doubt it, I have only ever done two in that colour aswell so easy for me to spot.

The expereince is relatively easy to setup if I could get a bloody wood, I went all round Leicestershire last year and it's all for shooting, I may have to try my luck up north if I move back there. I know of one in Kidderminster but maybe too out of the way :s I want it to be in woods only so it slows it all down and its more about the riding the touring around. If it was in a field it would be difficult to fill the time I believe without it becoming all about speed. Speed plus noobs on peds equals problems Wink Nowhere to hide on a ped haha :PP

Ohhh then theres funds and collecting enough 40's to use, dont see one for time then they all come at once. That would be one of the best parts for me, stripping and coating them all then rebuilding to different colour schemes etc Wink Yeah I'll need some guine pigs for a run through. The ped "scene" might be dead but from experience a lot of people are still buying them and actually using them Wink Scooters are popular and again from experience they will pay you to have a go on them, so we shall see Wink)

Marc

Back to top Go down

Post  weblefeck Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:25 am

lol was that u who i swapped peds with halfway though the race?

I still got my £5 prize for rattiest ped sat here, never even tried to claim it tbh.

Now you mention it "nice bit of ally" wouldnt surpise me if it's exactly that. Lot of money in scrap alloy, not saying anyone working in the delivery industry is shady, but they're shady as fook!

Have you tried paintball clubs? See if there is any way the land can be shared? There's one up here lovely bit of land, but it's such a shame they only use it every other weekend last i heard.

weblefeck
weblefeck

Back to top Go down

Post  Marc Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:37 am

Yeah at the end we swapped, yeah that ped was badddd. I have ideas of making a rat ped with some of the crap I have laid about, I could make it sooo bad but functional still Smile

I never tried to claim as such, just mentioned it a couple of times in mails and it fell on deaf ears, so thought fk it. Ironic really as I was told by one of them it was to help me get a better ped together, hmmmm cheek.

Well this place up north I'm hoping to get in on does the airsoft there and same with the place I know in Kidderminster. I havn't approached them or any paintball sites before as it may be like treading on there toes and might cause issues with what they do. Some places aswell will only run every now and then to avoid planning too, where as I'd have to get planning.
How bigs the place near you? I'm thinking it has to be pretty big, like 7 acres, else be round it in no time and then what do you do :p Eventually I'd have a really big selection of ped products to mix the time up really well. 25's/40's/riots/trq's/rippers

Marc

Back to top Go down

Post  weblefeck Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:49 am

not very big sadly, great for paintball, but on a ped u'd be around it in 20 min, it's more about war zones than covering distance
weblefeck
weblefeck

Back to top Go down

Post  Marc Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:05 am

you got a googlemaps link... might be OK... Any wood I'd have to have tracks through it coming back on yourself etc, then reverse.

Would you ever sell your 25? I had 2 before and could be a good "training" machine, easing time off the 40's and then the wow factor when moving onto modded 40's. Modded as in looks wise not speed Wink I am thinking/worried will they come off. I used to rent 3 wheeled electric ones out and they'd come off them haha

Marc

Back to top Go down

Post  weblefeck Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:10 am

tbh, i dont want to sell the 25, but for howmuch it gets used i could be talked into it Sad

I'll have to see what i can get from google earth when i get on a machine at work. My computer is a no-go it slows it down to a total stop Sad
weblefeck
weblefeck

Back to top Go down

Post  Marc Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:24 am

Not a prob, its either 25's or biggies with lockouts and clutches. Arguments for both potentially. Beauty of selling a few peds is I know where they all are so can track down all I need if/when time comes.

What do you reckon to this for advertising, in a local busy shopping centre where you can rent the centre stands for a week or so. Getting one of them with say 3 fully refurbed modded 40's on it, bit of camo netting/a log (lol) and a nice display. I know if I saw that I'd be like let me at it. But am I biased Wink What you think people would pay... obviously online experience days they charge crazy money for an hour and some of thats shared quads etc :/

themes btw
one gold candy with gold ano on sprocket & blacked out other bits wheels etc
one red candy with black
one white with purple ano
one white with green ano bits.

Marc

Back to top Go down

Post  weblefeck Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:36 am

The ideas sound good, although tbh i wouldnt worry about spending too much on them, look at go-karting, the machines get used and abused to within an inch of their lives. I'd just worry about keeping them working and mechanically sound, that's all people will be worried about tbh
weblefeck
weblefeck

Back to top Go down

Post  Marc Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:30 am

Yeah sure, but best to start off good. Say 3 for advertising, they need to look the business. A crusty looking stock red one aint gonna be much good. A fresh refurb/powdercoat will give a better headstart. Wouldn't cost me much anyways. Yeah a fair few spares in for def. I've been there and done it with the electric ones where you're always needing bits and losing money not having them.

Marc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down