ukgopedforum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

90 degree intake?

Go down

90 degree intake?  Empty 90 degree intake?

Post  pishta68 Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:41 pm

E200 Razor to gas.......I found a complete new 36/49cc (?) Goped/scooter motor with a CV transmission already attached for chump change so I bought it and it starts right up on the floor with a few squirts of gas in the carb bowl. I rigged up a weed wacker throttle so I got some control over the revs, no muffler yet. Anyway, Im looking at mounting this to the E200 frame and found out the cog turns the opposite way that I want it to. It turns counterclockwise facing the drive cog so I have to mount the motor above or behind the rear wheel, not slightly in front as I would prefer. It would be great if it ran the other direction as I could route the chain in a motorcycle fashion, motor up front (where the deck is) and make a seat over it so he could sit down. Well, that all changed when the rotation was backwards and the drive cog is sort of in a well so the chain can only go forward (wrong) or down. The CV trans seems to have 7:1 reduction off the rear pulley so the drive cog is reverse direction. I want to use the trans as it would give me some speed and out of the hole acceleration. Another prob is the way the carb sits, It is either right over the tire, or the entire motor is over the left side of the tire making it look a little strange My carb bowl hangs right over my tire and I want to get a larger rear tire so I want to kick the carb over a ferw inches. Can I fab a 90 intake and move the carb over, giving it a 4-5 inch ram tube? Or will this screw up the carb metering. That would solve 1 of my issues.

pishta68

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum