ukgopedforum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helping Ellarby go faster!

4 posters

Go down

Helping Ellarby go faster! Empty Helping Ellarby go faster!

Post  hicksi Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:48 pm

Right buddy, you said you wanna make your Ped go faster?

What are you actually running?

If I remember you got a sport??
G230-RC motor? Got any mods on it at the mo?
Did you say you got a 14mm carb?
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Helping Ellarby go faster! Empty My slow ped

Post  Ellarby Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:18 pm

Alright dude yeah I got a standard r230rc engine u said about the high jet and low jet being longer n smaller but one is longer but I think it's just screwed in bit more so I recon its a standard one dudedo I do the ratio 40-1 or 25-1 and yeah if you could help me on to get it going faster from spindle size ect that be great Very Happy

Ellarby

Back to top Go down

Helping Ellarby go faster! Empty Re: Helping Ellarby go faster!

Post  hicksi Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:35 pm

Nice one bud,

If your jet screws are different sizes it sounds like you have the 16mm Walbro WT-603 carb.

Depending on the age of that G230-RC engine, they started coming standard with those carbs!

I recon the first things you wanna buy for that engine is:

- Air Filter and Velocity Stack
- Pipe
- Big Bore Kit (29cc)
- Spindle (ADA or Black Magic)

Ill get some links off DDM tomorrow and post em up for you to have a look at!
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  Bymis Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:20 am

What Ped do you have?
Black Magic Spindle is the way foward man!
Agree on going for a BB kit too do you have a lockdown on the Ped?

We got a New .710 BM spindle, Filter and Velocity Stack we're selling all the gear so send us an offer for what you want if interested, it will all be on ebay eventually.

Bymis
Bymis

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:40 am

Ellarby, sounds like a offer not to miss!!
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Helping Ellarby go faster! Empty ..

Post  Ellarby Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:50 am

hi mate i think mines actully got a big bore kit on apparently il let you have a look at next race meet dude whats the best size spindle for g230rc engine if so anychance bringing the size i need to next meet?

Ellarby

Back to top Go down

Helping Ellarby go faster! Empty ..

Post  Ellarby Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:54 am

and could you bring a velocity stack to dude so how much for a black magic spindle size for my g230rc engine and a velocity stack mate and isit possible to bring it to next meet ?

Ellarby

Back to top Go down

Post  Bymis Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:13 pm

Depends on when the next meet is likely but we can definitely bring it along with us.

If its a BBK its likely to be a 260 rather than a 290 but you never know until you measure it up:)
Bymis
Bymis

Back to top Go down

Helping Ellarby go faster! Empty Goped help

Post  Ellarby Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Have a new bigfoot now has a spark but won't start sounds like the piston knocks the head slightly what could this be

Ellarby

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:27 pm

Hey Buddy,

Pictures tell and thousand words.

Get a picture up, video would be even better so we can hear whats going on!

Good effort on getting a bigfoot. How much was it?
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Helping Ellarby go faster! Empty Help

Post  Ellarby Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:20 am

Goped got spark still won't go engine is all good how ever the hd lead is tight fitting but won't start what can this be fuels getting through

Ellarby

Back to top Go down

Post  sxpmike Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:51 am

Don't rule out the spark plug because you see a spark. I had two brand new plugs both fail on me!

There is something called a pulse hole that runs from the carb and sometimes an upside down gasket or inlet manifold can block the pulses route to the cylinder. The best way to check is take your carb off and look for the little pulse hole either just above or just below the main hole and make sure there is a clear route through the gasket and the inlet manifold.

Check the gap between the coil and the flywheel. I have never found this to be a problem but an easy way to check is to loosen the coil from the cylinder and place a business card between the coil and flywheel. Then tighten up the bolts for the coil and that should be sufficient.

Check your filter is clean and not clogged up with oil

sxpmike
sxpmike
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:14 pm

Couldn't agree with mike more!

Guess the three vital elements to an engine are:

- Fuel
- Spark
- Compression

Esp. with gopeds when just trying to get an engine to run you can sort of ignore the exhaust for now, as it will run (be it poorly) even without one...

Like many have said, consumables always get you with 'Peds, check ALL gaskets, the important ones are:

- Base (or cylinder) Gasket
- Crank Case Gasket
- Intake Gasket (One between manifold and cylinder)
*This is where mikes sound advice comes in, check that the pulse line is clear, check the cylinder, manifold and carb and that the gasket isn't blocking it up when built back together.

Also like mike said check the 'gap' between the coil and the pick up. Again a business card or bendy card (i use me boots points card lol) will set it appropriately.

You can check the fuel lines, swap the color's over as some 'Peds have an inline filter which can stem the flow....

Check all nuts and bolts, make sure everything is tight, a small air leak can be your worst enemy...

Let us know how you get on!
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Helping Ellarby go faster! Empty Piston

Post  Ellarby Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:22 am

My piston got fuel lines and my head is scored so need top end will get it going for next race what's best size bore for Bigfoot and posibly the cheapest or any one sale in hope some one can help many thanks ellarby,

Ellarby

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:12 pm

Hey buddy, shame to hear about the damage!

Not quite sure by what you mean 'my piston got fuel lines'. But if the barrel has scoring on you'll be needing a whole new top end...

Tbh the price difference in BBK's is marginal so I'd just go all out for a 29cc 36mm Skirt BBK.

If you wanna save a little money you could get the 26cc 36mm Skirt BBK but thats basically a stock G260RC head (or chung yang, etc etc).

29cc all the way lol, with a stroker crank you be just over 30cc's anyway...

You looked at DDMRacing.com? 5% discount using the code GPN (American Site).

Check with your buddies and get a bulk order in to save on postage!!!
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Helping Ellarby go faster! Empty .

Post  Ellarby Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:07 pm

I took the carb off can se the fuel running passed the rings and bore is scored yeah I will do whats the setting for the carb same as what u got on your big foot

Ellarby

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:34 pm

Ah damn, sounds like a new top end to me. There won't be any compression if its like that...

You'll need to set up your carb to your engine mods and rider weight but you should always start with Low Jet 1+1/2 turns out, High Jet 1+1/4. I can always help you at the next meet.
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Helping Ellarby go faster! Empty Nearly there

Post  Ellarby Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:17 am

Fixed it for now got 23cc with big carb and pipe till I save for a big bore kit what size bigbore kit is best I'm nearly there whats the setting for the big carbs thanks for the help hicks I your a top kid

Ellarby

Back to top Go down

Post  sxpmike Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:29 am

To me, it seems pointless to get a bbk when your already running a full RC. I would put the money towards porting which will give you much more power than an extra 5cc of cylinder. Either that or upgrade to a head kit like Ada or TS. I used to have a race ported sk29rc. That screamed on the gsr26 with elim2 pipe! Just please don't waste ur money on a slightly bigger cylinder to be disappointed when your expectations and actual power increase are totally different .
sxpmike
sxpmike
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:10 pm

Wise words from Mike there Ellarby!

Obviously going from a G230 to a 29cc BBK you would notice a difference.

BUT

Going from a G230 to a G230RC PORTED Cylinder you'd notice a much BIGGER difference.

I was about to say the deciding factor lays in the price, but having a quick skim over a DDM i've realised there really isn't much in it.

Ported and modified cylinder kits are slightly more expensive, but as mike is pointing out there are much larger gains to be had.

As for the CARB SETTINGS buddy.

Every time you build and engine or bolt on a new carb or new parts etc etc. you HAVE to tune the carb.

There is NOT just a generic setting for the carbs as these will differ with engine set up, parts installed, rider weight etc etc.

Always start like i said Low Jet 1/2, High Jet 1/4...

Its a case of finding the 'sweet spot' after that... Do you need help with the tuning part?
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Helping Ellarby go faster! Empty Help!!

Post  Ellarby Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:05 pm

My goped got 16ml wallbra carb on 23cc engine and its over fuel in soon as I get the fuel out the primer it will fire straight up tried it with little screw all the way in and big one all the way in will run but dies because of no fuel getting in soon as I ajust it tiny bit 1/4 of a turn it just floods it then won't start then empty fuel out of primer it fires

Ellarby

Back to top Go down

Post  sxpmike Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:32 pm

1. Check you're air filter is not clogged up

2. Check that your cylinder and crankcase gaskets are not torn or damaged which will allow air to seep in.

3. Checking that the cylinder is tighted properly to the cases, and that the cases are sealed firmly too.

4. Check the gasket for the inlet manifold. Ensure it is in line with the pulse hole for the cylinder otherwise it will run poor if at all.

5. Make sure the carb gasket is also aligned properly with the carb tightened securely primer bulb facing up.

6. Set gap for the ignition coil by placing a business card between the coil and the flywheel. Loosen the coil bolts to allow movement of the coil which will be drawn closer to the magnetic strip on the flywheel, tighten the bolts back up.

7. Depending on the model, if its a sport, ensure the tyre isn't putting too much pressure on the spindle/crank. Loosening the quick release and kneeling on the deck, rock the ped back and forwards gently feeling for the spindle turning the engine. At this point you need to turn the stop washer device thing which will prevent the crank being bent by the wheel pushing the spindle up. keeping the pressure, re tighten the quick release.

8. Set your carb to idle screw fully in, high jet on 1 and 1/4 out from fully in, and your low jet between 1 and 1/3 or 1 and 1/2. Turn in small increments when tuning the carb, doing 1/4 turn adjustments will leave a roughly tuned carb. I'm sure there is a guide on carb tuning for wt603's on this forum and I believe a description from Hicksy on this thread.

If your ped is still not working right, check that there are no cracks in any parts especially cases and cylinder.

If all else fails, give up, get a hammer and Twisted Evil
sxpmike
sxpmike
Admin

Back to top Go down

Helping Ellarby go faster! Empty Goped

Post  Ellarby Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Hi guys I'm now running a 23cc zenoah engine and the carb you can set up with the adjusters the same size what size spindle is best whats settings on the carb and has any one got bigfoot to engine spring any one wanna swap my big foot rolling frame for sport rolling frame got alloy deck chrome frame bar converstion very smart

Ellarby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum