ukgopedforum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dustin' off the 'Peds

3 posters

Go down

Dustin' off the 'Peds Empty Dustin' off the 'Peds

Post  hicksi Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:13 pm

Hey,

Thought I'd post the mini project I've got going on the 'Peds

I've got 2 Bigfoots and 2 Goquads.

Both the Go-quads Run, but the original (orange) wont rev up at all, it just bogs and dies, regardless of the L + H setting. Gotta fix that.

As for the Bigfoots, they're both running LH's that are in serious need of an overhaul (Check the piston out in the pics), got all the spares I need, just need to get cleaning and rebuilding. Very Happy

Dustin' off the 'Peds IMG_2027
Dustin' off the 'Peds IMG_2029
Dustin' off the 'Peds IMG_2036
Dustin' off the 'Peds IMG_2037
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Dustin' off the 'Peds Empty Re: Dustin' off the 'Peds

Post  nizz Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:27 am

looking good whats your plans with them, just rplacing parts or moding them up anymore?
nizz
nizz

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:34 pm

Plan is to get them all running for this (fingers crossed) 'race night'

The SGQ is running sweet.

The Orange quad is being a bitch, it stripped its threads when i was trying to start it as i wasn't using OEM bolts, blaming this as the reason for it running badly, had to turn the L jet out so far to get it to idle, would bog and die instantly with any throttle???

The two Bigfoots are running LH's which need rebuilding. Tempted to build one LH with a G260 top end, not sure if this fits though?
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  phil.s Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:21 am

looking nice the more peds running and in use keeps forums like these alive.
i wish i could get my hands on some nice parts for my bigfoot and another bigfoot for the misses as she is into riding mine plus its another pedder on the scene

phil.s

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:49 pm

I hear ya buddy.

Got some good work in tonight! Managed to finally get the Orange Go-Quad working (CY290RC), the flywheel nut hadn't been tightened enough and came off the woodruff key, and the base gasket wasn't up to scratch, with these replaced the engine started fine and is idling well after a tweak on the carb.

Also managed to build up a G23LH-RC combo motor for the red Big Foot:
G260RC (26cc) Top End
G23LH Bottom end (+Rocket Key)
14mm Walbro Carb
ADA Stalker Exhaust...

Started 3rd pull and is running sweet, will have to mount it on the Big Foot tomorrow night.

As for a 'Ped for your other half (not only is that ace, wish my misses would ride mine lol! ) I've got an Original Green Big Foot (Pictured above), ill be refurbing that back to its former glory with another G23LH-RC combo motor mentioned above. Might look to sell it once its running well?
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  phil.s Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:14 pm

could may well be interested bud she doesnt need anything apart from stock she is a bit if a softy when it comes to speed lol.
if its an original green bigfoot then it wont have a lock down mounting point on it will it ?
im only asking so i have a rough idea of what it is

phil.s

Back to top Go down

Post  hicksi Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:03 pm

Lol fair play bud.

Yeah I think your right, it doesn't have a lockdown mount point. Although I'm running a newer Red BigFoot still with no lockdown mount but im actually running a kit through the mount for the rear mudguard and it seems to be working ace.
hicksi
hicksi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down